Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lets talk about...

I have made the decision to use this blog as a forum for discussion on the current state of our union, The United States of America. I love this country an am proud to be a citizen; however, with recent times it is hard to believe the blatant veil of ignorance that many of our fellow citizens choose to hide themselves.
Living in New York City post 9/11 has given me a certain level of anxiety, not because I am frightened, but because I am told I SHOULD be afraid; any day now, any day, another attack will happen!
So, what am I supposed to do? Move? Not take the subway? Not fly? FUCK THAT. I will continue to live my life the way I choose and if something were to happen then, well, shit happens but at least I know that I was a part of it.
I will write and discuss certain topics that I find distressing, regarding anything from an article I have read, a documentary I have seen, an opinion on a blog post, or a simple observation while living my life in New York. I will start with something that I found interesting today while in my International Communications class, regarding American Media and how we romanticize the current war in (on) Iraq, instead of providing the truths and accuracies the rest of the world observes. Feel free to express yourself in any way you wish; I am not a professional nor am I perfect but I am both highly concerned and opinionated about the civil liberties that were promised to me when I was brought into this world, that ever so slightly, seem to be fading into oblivion.

No comments: